- 2 – 3 Ripe Hass avocados
- 2 Limes
- Fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 4T chopped garlic
- 1 Jalapeno diced
- Slice your avocados in half and remove pit.
- Dice your shallots, fresh garlic and jalapeño
- Chop your fresh cilantro
- Put your shallots, garlic, jalapeño and cilantro in your Molcajete
or other non reactive bowl. Squeeze the juice from both limes over this mixture and muddle, lightly for 5- 10 seconds.
- Allow mixture to marinate in lime juice for ten minutes.
7. While you mixture marinates, use a spoon and carve out your avocado from its shell. After marinating time is complete, add the avocados to your bowl and mash and then stir it al together. I like to leave mine slightly lumpy. Serve immediately with chips, tortillas, or as an accompaniment to other dishes.