“The best potato ever”-Unknown
This dish is an absolute favorite. We make it as a side, as an entree, for parties, potlucks- you name it. Once you make it one time- you will be hooked, and you will find it a regular in your meal choices.
- 7-8 large red potatoes (peeled)
- 1lb Sour Cream
- 24oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup chopped chives
- 1Lbs Bacon (fried then crumbled)
- 4TBS Butter
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Pre-heat oven to 375f
- Boil water (add 1tsp salt to water)
- Slice potatoes into a couple different size chunks, the smaller pieces will give the dish a smooth melt in your mouth taste- while the larger will hold their form more and provide the “bite” and texture of the dish.
- Boil potatoes till fork tender
- Drain potatoes
- Put half the potatoes in a 13×9 pan and then fold in half of the ingredients listed above and stir potatoes well.
- Put in the other half the potatoes and then add the remainder of the ingredients and stir it all together once more.